C.S. Lewis is most well known as the author of the Chronicles of Narnia, but with 74 books and numerous essays, he has covered a massive spectrum of topics. His influence extends through a number of disciplines including political philosophy.
Isaac recently joined Anthony Caprio on the Free Cities Podcast to discuss Lewis and how his ideas fit with classical liberalism.
The conversation covers C.S. Lewis’ background, his major intellectual influences, how his ideas fit well into classical liberal thought, and a lot more.
- C.S. Lewis’ biography
- Why Lewis’ ideas fit into the liberty movement
- How C.S. Lewis can prime you for the ideas of Ludwig Von Mises
- Lewis’ intellectual influences
- How Lewis showed a skepticism of power and central planning
- “If Ayn Rand were a Christian she would be C.S. Lewis.”
- How Lewis unknowingly practiced Rational Choice Theory
- The connection between Murray Rothbard and C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis Books Recommendations:
- The Great Divorce
- Screwtape Proposes a Toast
- Till We Have Faces
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- The Space Trilogy – That Hideous Strength
This episode is brought to you by one of the most innovative accounting startups in the country, Ceterus. Ceterus is looking for accountants or finance-minded professionals who want more something more than a standard job.
If you have accountants in your network that are interested in empowering entrepreneurs in a growing startup, visit isaac.ceterus.com.
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.