TK has transcended Fridays.
This is the first edition of the new format of the podcast. Monday episodes with TK, featuring deep dives into philosophy, education, tech, and personal development.
This week is all about reframing limitations and selling your strengths.
Why do so many people argue for their limitations?
In the face of opportunities, people start talking about their weakness or why they aren’t the person for the job. They don’t even get started before they tell you why you won’t want to hire them.
What motivates people to argue for their limitations and how can you do a better job of selling your strengths?
Get the answer plus:
- Favorite basketball movies
- Cubs win the World Series & Passive aggressive church league softball prayers
- Don’t argue for your limitations
- Why job posting requirements are always flexible
- People want to be sold
- People are debating implications, but they think they’re debating facts
- The power of turning statements into questions
- How TK learned coaching from Columbo
- Applying your Socratic method to yourself
- Modern day challenges don’t mean life was better in the past
- Why we find ourselves fighting for things we don’t actually want
- Follow your dreams, but let your dreams follow you
- TK’s audition for a Nascar commercial & when will he go back to acting?
- How can you get around limitations and unmet requirements during your job search?
This episode is brought to you by one of the most innovative accounting startups in the country, Ceterus. Ceterus is looking for accountants or finance-minded professionals who want more something more than a standard job.
If you have accountants in your network that are interested in empowering entrepreneurs in a growing startup, visit isaac.ceterus.com.
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.