This is the second part of an in-depth conversation with TK about his career path.
We finished the last episode with TK moving to LA to pursue acting. Part two starts with the story of launching an entertainment start-up before continuing all the way to working as the education director for Praxis.
TK’s roundabout career path shows the importance of focusing on doing well in whatever work you are doing. It is almost impossible to know what opportunities will come your way in the future. The job you will want in ten years most likely doesn’t exist yet. You don’t have to have an elaborate plan to build a great career, as long as you show up and do good work it will serve you in the long term and help you attract great opportunities.
In this episode:
- What did TK want to do for a career as a kid?
- Joining the founding team of an entertainment tech startup
- Going out to raise funding around the time of the financial crisis
- Knowing when it’s time to give up
- Getting a shot at film production
- Never working from a position of desperation
- How doggy day care almost led to a movie
- Creating without permission
- Blogging for three years straight
- TK’s key takeaways from his career
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.