Steve Patterson is a rationalist philosopher and intellectual entrepreneur working outside of academia. He is the host of Patterson in Pursuit, a podcast featuring deep conversations with top thinkers in philosophy, mathematics, and many other disciplines.
This episode is a behind the scenes dive into life as an intellectual entrepreneur. From approaches to interviews, to handling haters, and the motivations behind Steve’s philosophic journey, it is a wide ranging conversation that will have a lot of interesting perspective for anyone interested in living an intellectual life.
In this episode:
- The pressure to create click bait style content as a creator
- Supporting yourself as an intellectual outside of academia
- Handling criticism from supporters
- Fans testing you to see if they can change your direction
- Engaging with haters
- Academic Specialization
- Do academic intellectuals matter?
- Approaches to interviewing experts and normal conversations
Check out previous episodes with Steve Patterson:
- 4 – Steve Patterson on Credentialism, Cryptocurrency, and Creative Power
- 10 – Steve Patterson on Physics, Paradoxes, and Patronage
- 113 – Steve Patterson on Math, Infinity, and the Knowability of Truth
- Support Steve on Patreon and receive a free copy of Square One
- Get Square One on Amazon
- Patterson in Pursuit
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.