George Beall is a co-founder of Everipedia, the open encyclopedia that takes puts more power in the hands of the public. In his first year of college and before joining Everipedia, George founded a plug and play touchscreen tile technology company.
George is an outstanding example of learning from experience. He has consistently created or joined projects that interest him without waiting for permission or credentials. At a young age, he is already a seasoned entrepreneur.
Also covered in this episode:
- What is wrong with Wikipedia?
- Is Wikipedia censoring information?
- The bureaucracy of editing on Wikipedia
- How do you convince people of a problem they may not be aware of?
- What are Everipedia’s biggest challenges
- George’s origin story
- What sparks an interest in entrepreneurship?
- Creating Touch Tiles as a college freshman
- Learning from experience vs. a classroom
- Future targets for Everipedia
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.