We run a public speaking workshop for Praxis participants where they gain some tips and advice, present a short speech, get specific feedback, do a second take, and leave with final ideas for continued improvement.
I’ve run versions of this workshop for hundreds of people over the last seven years and been through it several times myself. It really works, and quickly. You absolutely improve by going through it, and you leave with two or three key things to work on specific to your unique strengths and weaknesses.
We’re creating an online version of the workshop and I’m going to open it up to a limited number of people outside of Praxis as a kind of experiment. The full course should be up next week with more details, but the basic structure is:
- Watch 10 short videos with tips on voice, hand gestures, stance, props, etc.
- Submit a video of yourself delivering a 3-minute speech
- Within 24 hours receive feedback on the speech
- Give the speech again incorporating feedback and submit second video
- Within 24 hours get final feedback and tips
The workshop is self-paced but will take place within a week long time frame. The entire thing will be done – all videos submitted and all feedback received – within 72 hours. It’s a great way to improve your speaking skills quickly.
Sign up if you’re interested and want to be added to the list when the course opens. There will be a limit of probably 10-15 spots. The cost is going to be around $149.